Friday, November 5, 2010

North Palm Beach Marina


This morning I pulled up the anchor and motored over to the North Palm Beach Marina. The anchor rode was pretty grimy so I washed it as I brought it in. The wind was real strong so I had to motor ahead about 30 ft, cleat the rode, wash the 30 ft I just brought in, and then do it over again until I reached the chain. The 25 ft of chain came in clean and so did the anchor so I was able to just feed the chain into the anchor locker until the anchor came up on the roller. Then it was a mad dash back to engage the engine and turn toward the ICW (Intracoastal Waterway).
I had pre-tuned my handheld VHF radio to channel 8 which is the working channel for the marina so that I could call them when I was close. As I approached the marina (remember, the wind is howling at 15 to 20 nts) I called them and asked for help at the dock because I was coming in single handed. They were very nice and helpful and docking went without a hitch. This is a great marina with very nice facilities. I had an ice cold Coke and then finished securing Summer Snow.
Mac arrives tomorrow and since the weather is rough I will rent a car and we'll go see some sights.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having sailboat fun, nts and all. In other news, Mom is still excited to be moving--what a turnaround!

    kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't be single handed as of November 12th. I am so excited to sail on the ocean and be your skipper:)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are staying safe and having fun. Bet that ice cold coke tasted yummy! Keep posting. I love reading about your days.

    ReplyDelete