Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fill-er-up?

This is off topic but I thought it was interesting. Most of the boats in this Marina are sports fishing boats. Most are big diesel inboards but a few are the smaller outboard type. The outboard type usually have two, three, or four gas outboard motors that range from 250 hp each to 350 hp each.

So this guy was filling his boat with fuel at the gas dock and I happen to be washing cloths at the office building. The guy says to the dock attendant, "cut her off at $400 for me will ya?" The dock guy starts counting, " 398 - 399 - 400, OK?" The boat guy says, "*#!, let's go to $500, I think I'll just fill one tank today, we're not going out far." I looked at the boat and he had 3 250 HP outboards, I wonder how much it costs to fill up a big boat?

Love my sailboat!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, people with time AND money on their hands!

    kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, it's amazing how much people will pay to fill up their boats. I'm guessing that is part of the reason so many of them are parked.

    At a gallon per mile, you have to have big pockets to fill up those buggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think of this as you sail away munching on your Thanksgiving baked beans:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrxB8DnUHLs&feature=player_embedded

    kay

    ReplyDelete