Friday, November 26, 2010

Key West


Brock and I spent a few days in Key West and I finally got to tour the Hemingway House. It was very interesting and well worth the time. The picture here is Hemingway's writing room and is just as it was when he wrote some of his most famous novels. We also saw some of the 45 cats in the home that are descendants from Snow Ball, Hemingway's first 5 toe'd cat.

We also went to the Key West Cemetery which is famous for the unusual comments on some of the headstones. After a few beers at one of Hemingway's favorite watering holes we found a great little seafood place where everything was caught that morning (yum).

Brock went scuba diving and had a great time while I hung out at a really cool resort and read my Hemingway book.

Now we're back in Lake Worth and will start looking for the next weather window for crossing. We'll do some sailing out on the ocean while we wait.

4 comments:

  1. While you were in Key West did you go to Jimmy Buffette's for a burger? They are THE best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica told us about a tombstone she saw there that said "at least I know where he's sleeping tonight". Yeow!

    kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your going to make a good tour guide for the flordia state visitors association. I still think you should go on a water taxi ride even if they are motor boats.
    Good luck on the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We took advantage of the fresh seafood while in Key West and it was great. I'll think about the water taxi ride, I see them around all the time. I would guess they point out all the "high" points with all the famous people living around here. I could point out some of my favorite places like the greatest used boat parts warehouse (where you can get big boat fenders for $10 and nav charts for $1) and of course where the closest Starbucks is from any given point. And how about the best Tiki bar in Palm Beach or the all you can eat breakfast buffet (cooked to order eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, and potatoes with 80 other items.)

    ReplyDelete