Sunday, November 14, 2010

Jessica's Here



Mac left Friday afternoon, Jessica arrived Friday evening. It was sure great having Mac here and I am looking forward to all Jessica's plans because she is so good at finding fun things to see and do. Jessica had signed up for a 5 K run up at the Kennedy Space Center so we got up at 4:30 AM and drove to the race. There was a lot of people in the run and she finished 3rd! I had her camera and was suppose to take her picture as she finished but I didn't expect her to be finishing with the pros so I missed the photo op. She was very surprised to get an award and then we spent the day at the center. She is teaching a unit about space next semester so she got some new curriculum materials.

I spent most of today watching football at a sports bar and Jessica went hiking at a state park so it was kind of a rest day today.

The waves are still huge and will be until at least Tuesday so tomorrow we are going down to the keys and check out Hemingway's house. There is lots to do in Key West so it will be another full day.

5 comments:

  1. I'll bet Jess won't miss the polydactyl cats at the Hemingway house.

    kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Key West. There is so much to see. Have you visited the Technical School yet. They do some cool things there. The shops are great too. Go walk the in white sand, it is great.

    Vicki Lunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, third place! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a some interesting things I think you will be able to get a job on one of those water taxi's. Have you rode one yet? they tell you all about the interesting sites on the ICW then you could practice on your visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did not get a chance to visit the Technical school or Hemingway's house this visit because we were busy snorkeling and stuff. Maybe next time we'll get there.

    I have seen the water taxi's on the ICW but have not tried them. We did find out where Tiger W's new house is being built and where his boat is. He has a huge boat (ship). Also found OJ's boat, it hasn't moved for a while, perhaps waiting for him to get out of jail? I don't think I would make it as a guide, I don't recognize many star names or what they did to become a star.

    ReplyDelete