Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bev Is Here!

Bev arrived and we spent two days in Summer Snow while waiting for Neil and Linda to arrive.
We are in the Coconut Cottage now so I have not had Internet service lately. I am posting from the coffee shop today. I must be a "regular" now because they make my triple cappuccino automatically.

Neil and Linda arrive on Monday and we spent the day sightseeing at Tahiti Beach and the lighthouse.

On Tuesday we went on a snorkeling trip with Froggies. Froggies is a great little mom and pop type snorkel/scuba company. They took us to the National Park out at Fowl Cays where we snorkeled at two different places. We all saw many types of fish and the coral was absolutely beautiful. I saw a shark but I guess he wasn't hungry because he left me alone. It was only a couple of feet long so wasn't very scary.

On Wednesday we went sailing and ended up at Man-Of-War Cay. We had a nice lunch at the Dock and Dine restaurant and Bev found a neat bag and hat at the Sail Shop. The Sail Shop is where they make all kinds of stuff out of sail material. It is very high quality and all hand made. Then we went to a gift shop before heading back to Hope Town. I wanted to get back into the Hope Town harbor with some "tide help" so we had to hurry back. We bumped the bottom once in our approach to the harbor entrance and I had to turn to a safer line.

Today the wind is really piped up so we are having a "rest" day catching up on email and blogging. We will spend the rest of the day at the beach and probably go out to the Abaco Inn so a nice dinner tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Good to see a post, I was starting to wonder what had happened to you. Sounds like you must be pretty well healed up.The sail shop sounds like it would be a good place for a guy my size to shop for shirts.Looks like your having fun, it must be nice to have Bev and some friends down for a visit. Tell Bev to enjoy herself and that she will be missing another night where it's supose to get close to Zero.

    Johnb

    ReplyDelete
  2. .It’s Been a while since we have seen a post. In light of your age and recent injuries i would assume you are not just catching up on your marital duties. I would assume we will have some good sailing and beach pictures on your next post.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been posting because we do not have Internet at the cottage. As soon as I am back on Summer Snow I will be able to post more. The weather has been great and the beaches are beautiful so I hope to have some good pictures to upload. I am at the coffee shop posting this comment while I wait for Bev, Paulette, and Dave to get here. We will sail Summer Snow to Man-Of-War Cay today for some shopping and lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the tips that you posted here on what is the best move on acquiring accessories for your boat. This is really useful stuff here.

    Discount Marine GPS

    ReplyDelete