Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Back to Minnesota

I leave for Minnesota tomorrow and will be there until the 29th. Therefore I will not be posting to this Blog until I return to the Bahamas although I will read new comments and respond to questions. When I return I will leave Marsh Harbor and sail to Hope Town to hang on a mooring for a while. Hope Town is a fun destination and well located for snorkeling and fishing.

My reason for returning to Minnesota is that Mac and Jenny are expecting a baby and I want to be home when it happens. I have also been counting the days in anticipation of seeing Bev and the rest of my family and friends.

I have Summer Snow all secured, through-hulls closed, and everything powered down except the automatic bilge pump. This marina is very secure and a number of people have volunteered to keep an eye on her.

3 comments:

  1. A note from Frank at laminated concepts. Are you thinking of returning thru the canan?

    John,

    Thanks for sending. It will be interesting to follow your friends’ travels. If they motor thru NY via the Erie Canal they will pass very near Seneca Lake. There is a canal detour off the main canal South to Watkins Glen on Seneca Lake. The diversion isn’t all that far and worth considering.
    Don’t want to jinx myself, but as far as snow goes, we’ve been lucky so far.

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure you have an accurate alarm clock for tomorrow!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing my blog, I will be motoring the Erie Canal, any idea regarding depths in the detour? I draw 5.5 ft.

    ReplyDelete