Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas


I have had a very nice Christmas day in Marsh Harbor. I miss being with Bev and everyone and I miss the "white" Christmas my family is enjoying in Minnesota but I have met many friendly and interesting people here.

Brock and Brianna came zooming in with a rented 24 ft powerboat just in time to help me turn Summer Snow around so the bow will be facing the big wind predicted for the next two days. I skyped with Mac and family so I did get to talk with most everyone so that was fun.

The marina sponsored a pot luck Christmas dinner so I made a loaf of bread and also some scalloped corn. There was probably 60 or 70 people and the food was fantastic. I ate too much and there was none of my corn and just the heel of my bread left when it was over.

Patrick and Jessica are on the late flight from Ft. Lauderdale and will arrive at 6:50 this evening. I have arranged with my friend Joseph (a taxi guy) to pick me up at 6:30 so we can pick them up.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for finding a potluck and folks in the same boat, no pun intended. Two relative Christmas parties accomplished here and we are in 'taking the parents home' mode. Tomorrow Mac will drive the Grandmas back to Hayward and we'll take Ray home to Benson. We have the heat cranked up to 75 in honor of Mom. we all miss you but Bev REALLY misses you.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and Bev had a joyous reunion and will have a good time sailing together. You will have a boat full but I'm sure you will be comfortable sleeping out on the deck. They had a real good special on the Bermuda Triangle on the History Channel last night.
    The Forman’s and the Anderson’s spent a couple of nights in the cities and got a chance to see the Kings Speech, It was a good Movie. We are looking for ice storm type of weather for New Years Eve, then a cold Front moves in. At least we are better prepared for bad weather than New York. I wonder why they aren’t blaming the president for slow storm response like they did after Katrina.
    Do they have fireworks down there for New Years?
    Happy New Year,
    John and Oba

    ReplyDelete