Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Painting the Non-Skid



Today was a good day. I had to wait all morning for things to dry out and for the sky to clear enough so I didn’t think it was going to rain. At noon I began taping the non-skid off so I could paint. I used Interlux Interdeck polyurethane which is made for non-skid areas. I used white mixed with 25% gray to get a light gray finish. I was working away and was about 2/3 finished when I noticed the wind had shifted and it was noticeable cooler. I looked around and sure enough, it looked like rain. I stepped up a notch and got the job finished before a little sprinkle hit. It wasn’t much and the paint had set up so no damage done. By 4 PM it was dry enough to start installing the brightwork. Tomorrow I will put the dodger on and install the new line stopper I bought on ebay a few years back. The line stopper will facilitate running my lines aft.

No comments:

Post a Comment